New & Noteworthy
- The Future of SEO in a Visual World
- Social Networks Make eCommerce Progress
- Improving Your B2B Content Marketing
- TV Viewing as Ranking Signal?
The Future of SEO in a Visual World
It is no surprise that we are in the midst of a content shift from text to image and video, but what does this mean for your SEO strategy? A recent MarketingProfs article sheds light into how brands must rethink their marketing approach in a visual world.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Because consumers are now searching with a specific image in mind, marketers must adjust descriptions to be more contextual and include use cases.
Social Networks Make eCommerce Progress
The rate of social eCommerce sales in 2014 is more than triple what it was last year, and future projections point to continued growth. For more on how social media impacts revenue, check out Business Insider.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Social eCommerce revenue is even more impressive when analyzed through an attribution model, as the impact of first click behavior, or the beginning of a consumer journey, is critical.
Improving Your B2B Content Marketing
In B2B content marketing, a heavy focus on lead generation can overshadow other important, albeit softer, KPIs like brand awareness and thought leadership. Check out eMarketer for more on balancing out your B2B content approach.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Because content consumption often falls at the upper end of the purchase funnel, including elements focused on awareness and branding can be incredibly effective.
TV Viewing as a Ranking Signal?
Google is considering altering search results based on what television shows are on in your area and how they correlate to relevant keyword searches, according to a recent patent. For more on ranking signals and TV viewing habits, check out SEO by the Sea.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Personalized search has been around for quite a while, so this seems like a logical step forward as technology increasingly understands cross-device multitasking and behaviors.