New & Noteworthy
- Google Pigeon: Implications for Your Local Search
- HTTPS as a Ranking Signal
- Facebook’s Incredible Targeting Capabilities
- Improvements in Mobile Tracking
Google Pigeon: Implications for Local Search
The Google Pigeon update is the widest-reaching local algorithm update since 2012, and is expected to impact nearly a quarter of all local 7-pack search results. Results will vary, and companies have already reported losses in local search traffic of anywhere between 8% and 44%. How will Pigeon affect you? Check out our blog for more.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? There has been no shortage of algorithmic glitches (broken business listings and a complete lack of 7-pack bubbles, to name a few), so keep an eye on future Pigeon updates.
HTTPS as a Ranking Signal
Google has made its stance on privacy abundantly clear, and its latest statement regarding the use of HTTPS as an SEO ranking factor further solidifies this as a priority. For more on ranking signal updates, check out the Google Webmaster Central Blog.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?HTTPS is a small ranking factor now, but is likely to increase in importance in the near future.
Facebook’s Incredible Targeting Capabilities
Targeting has been the basis of our Facebook advertising approach since 2007, but it’s incredible how advanced the targeting options have become. Need proof? Last Sunday’s New York Times article detailing how Facebook sold you krill oil exemplifies how easily you can target interest groups.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? 1 out of every 6 minutes online is spent on Facebook. If you have a consumer audience, Facebook advertising should definitely be part of your ongoing marketing efforts.
Improvements in Mobile Tracking
To date it has been near impossible to track users as they move from mobile websites to mobile apps, however Google is set to test technology that could finally bridge this gap. Read more from AdAge on upcoming mobile improvements.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Now is the time to rethink and update your mobile strategy, as the ability to connect and gain insights on your mobile browser and app users is definitely something you’ll want to capitalize on.