New & Noteworthy:
- AdWords Improves Reporting Capabilities
- Google Kills Authorship in Search Results
- Amazon Announces its Advertising Platform
- Instagram Improves Insights for Brands
AdWords Improves Reporting Capabilities
Google upgraded its AdWords reporting capabilities yet again with its latest feature, the ‘Conversions for Optimization’ setting. For more on the update, check out Search Engine Land: http://nhale.co/1lkMPHA
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Once enabled, this new setting will allow users to split out specific conversion actions to analyze, report on, and optimize for.
Google Kills Authorship in Search Results
After years of testing its effectiveness, Google will stop showing authorship in its search results, effective today. For more on this shift, check out Search Engine Land: http://nhale.co/1pcw2By
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Google is still prioritizing schema markup to incorporate structured data into search results, but implementation of authorship is no longer a ranking factor.
Amazon Announces its Advertising Platform
Amazon is in the process of developing its own advertising platform, and will leverage the mass amount of consumer buying behavior it has collected for granular targeting. For more on Amazon’s latest development, check out the Wall Street Journal: http://nhale.co/Z0aeUT
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Amazon’s ad platform will provide some serious competition to Google and Facebook as its deep knowledge of consumer preferences and histories place it in a targeting league of its own.
Instagram Improves Insights for Brands
Instagram is rolling out an updated suite of business tools to help brands gain a deeper understanding of both paid and organic content. For more on the upcoming changes, check out the Instagram blog: http://nhale.co/1twpO5R
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Instagram’s new tools will make it possible for advertisers to view content and campaign performance data in real time, thus establishing Instagram as an effective advertising medium.