New & Noteworthy:
- The Rise of Mobile eCommerce
- Distrust of Sponsored Content
- Google Analytics to Filter Bot Traffic
- Quill: Transforming Data into a Story
The Rise of Mobile eCommerce
By the end of 2014, it is projected that mobile eCommerce sales will reach $50 billion, and according to a new Marin Software report, mobile usage will comprise 50 percent of all Google paid search clicks by 2015. Curious about what else is in store for mobile eCommerce? Check out the agency blog for the more information.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Creating a seamless mobile experience that takes a simplified consumer journey into consideration is critical to succeed in mobile eCommerce.
Distrust of Sponsored Content
According to a recent Contently study, a majority of readers report feelings of distrust and confusion when confronted by a brand’s sponsored content, yet rated general branded content as more credible than Fox News. For more revelations on the perception of online content, check out Contently.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? To earn the trust of their readers, brands must place a high priority on clearly indicating which articles are sponsored when publishing content.
Google Analytics to Filter Bot Traffic
In an announcement earlier this week, Google Analytics confirmed it is adding a feature to filter out traffic from bots and spiders. Read more about updates to Google Analytics from SEO Roundtable.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? This update to Google Analytics will finally make it possible to identify the number of real visitors who are coming to your website.
Quill: Transforming Data into a Story
Quill, a new technology from Narrative Science, is a tool that automatically analyzes your data and spits out the story behind the numbers in an easily digestible summary. Read more about Quill from Business Insider.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Quill turns spreadsheets into narratives, and in doing so represents a light at the end of the Big Data tunnel.