New & Noteworthy
- Missed our BUZZ Event? We’ve Got You Covered!
- The Increasing Dominance of Programmatic Advertising
- Pinterest: The Effect of Mobility on Social Sharing
- Facebook Tests “Buy” Button
- LinkedIn Purchases Bizo
Missed our BUZZ Event? We’ve Got You Covered!
Data-gathering capabilities for digital marketing are increasing rapidly, and our analytics experts were on deck this morning to talk through it all. Missed our talk on Universal Analytics and mobile app measurement? No worries! Checkout our event recap on the agency blog, or view the entire presentation on our SlideShare.
The Increasing Dominance of Programmatic Advertising
A recent BI Intelligence report found that by 2018, programmatic targeting and the process of real-time bidding (RTB) will represent $18.2 billion in U.S. digital advertising revenues. For comparison, programmatic digital ad sales accounted for just $3.1 billion in 2013. Check out Business Insider for more on the increasing dominance of programmatic advertising: http://nhale.co/1kfc1ze
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Real-time bidding and programmatic targeting as a digital marketing tactic will significantly grow in importance, so you should be thinking now about how to incorporate this into your marketing mix.
Pinterest: The Effect of Mobility on Social Sharing
While social activity on mobile devices is dramatically increasing across the board, the latest eMarketer study found that in Q2, a staggering three-fourths of Pinterest usage took place on mobile devices. For more on the relationship between Pinterest and mobile devices (including a statistical comparison to Facebook and Twitter), check out eMarketer: http://nhale.co/1rDCzL6
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?When comparing social sharing on mobile devices, it’s clear that a smaller screen size is not an inhibitor to engagement.
Facebook Tests “Buy” Button
To help businesses drive sales on both Pages and in the News Feed, Facebook is testing the addition of a “Buy” button on Page posts and ads. This new call-to-action is still limited to select businesses in the US, but has the potential to expand in the coming months. Read more about Facebook’s “Buy” button from Facebook: http://nhale.co/1noTe3G
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? If the “Buy” button proves effective, it would allow users to find and purchase a product from a business without ever leaving Facebook.
LinkedIn Purchases Bizo
Bizo, a digital B2B platform with the ability to target and serve relevant content to a granular audience, was acquired by LinkedIn this week. For more details on this new partnership, check out Dealbook: http://nhale.co/1rDCF5a
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? The combination of LinkedIn’s network of professionals with Bizo’s targeting capabilities has the potential to create one of the most effective platforms for B2B marketers.