What is new about Instagram ads? How is Google breaking free from Google+? The answers to these questions and more in this week’s newsletter.
New & Noteworthy
- Instagram Beefs Up Ads
- Pinterest Unveils Buyable Pins
- Google Wants to be Your Everything
- Google Photos Breaks Free of Google+
Instagram Beefs Up Ads
Instagram is pushing its advertising capabilities to improved levels. “Shop now” is just one of the plans they have in store. Learn more at Marketing Land.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Instagram will eventually provide marketers with a great opportunity to use larger and more specific demographics to reach their target audiences on Instagram.
Pinterest Unveils Buyable Pins
It is finally here! Buyable pins are now coming to Pinterest, allowing users to make purchase without having to leave the site. For more details, visit Tech Crunch.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Pinterest is expanding, and is becoming a more useful tool for social eCommerce advertising.
Google Wants to be Your Everything
Is Google bypassing Apple? With its upcoming release of “Now on Tap” for Android, this may be happening. Read more from Buzz Feed.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? “Now on Tap” is an application agnostic feature that will help answer questions whenever you ask, whether you’re searching online, listening to music, or anywhere in between.
Google Breaks Free of Google+
The new Google Photos has been released, and the new features – such as searching for specific photos – are usable on any device. Learn more at Tech Crunch.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? With improved sharing and access, Google Photos may soon rival similar tools.