How does social content spread? What’s new in Google AdWords? The answer to these questions and more in this week’s newsletter.
New & Noteworthy:
- How Social Content Spreads
- Google Adds Action Links
- Mobile Search Has Officially Surpassed Desktop
- New AdWords Tools and Formats
How Social Content Spreads
Traditionally, we’ve thought of social content as a tree, with the source channel at the base and other social networks branching out as the content is shared by followers. How does content actually spread? BuzzFeed’s new program Pound creates a 3D picture of content as it is distributed. Check it out here.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Pound proves that sponsored content is shared just like editorial content, clarifying the importance of exploring both avenues.
Google Adds Action Links
Ordering delivery food, reserving tables, and booking appointments has just gotten even easier – Google and Google Maps launched a new tool this week that gives businesses the ability to add handy action links to their knowledge graphs. Read more on Search Engine Land.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Adding an action link to the search result for your business is a no-brainer – your audience can convert in one click, making the booking or ordering process convenient for everyone.
Mobile Search Has Officially Surpassed Desktop
Desktop and mobile search have been neck-in-neck for years, but Google has officially announced that the amount of queries made on mobile devices has pulled ahead of those made on desktop computers and tablets. Get the details from Search Engine Land.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Enhance your consumer experience beyond mobile-friendliness – make it easy for your customer to not only find and view your page via mobile, but to also convert without switching devices.
New AdWords Tools and Formats
Since Google mobile searches have overtaken desktop, mobile ad formats, measurement tools, and automation systems have been updated. Learn about the new features from Inside AdWords.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Enhanced automated bidding, new measurement tools, and vertical-specific ad interfaces will help your company save time and improve consumer engagement.