How has Google turned auto-complete for partial searches into a game? How has AdWords improved? The answers to these questions and more in this week’s newsletter.
New & Noteworthy:
- It’s Time to Play… Google Feud!
- AdWords Search Query Data Now Available Sooner
- Confab Central
- The Business Case for Personalization
It’s Time to Play… Google Feud!
Our search-nerd dreams have finally come true! Google Feud is in the format of the gameshow classic, Family Feud, but the guessing is centered on how Google will likely auto-complete your partial search. Test your knowledge on Mashable.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? It’s quite entertaining to guess what (and how) other users are searching.
AdWords Search Query Data Now Available Sooner
Google has announced that AdWords data will now be updated more frequently, shortening your wait time. Check the new turnover times at Search Engine Land.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Fresh data means you can make optimizations much closer to the real-time search behavior.
We’re extremely proud to announce that our very own content marketing dynamic duo, Deborah Carver and Katie Pennell, will be speaking at this year’s Confab conference in May. They will be sharing their extensive knowledge of how Google behaves more like a human than a robot. Be sure you don’t miss out by registering here.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? If “Content Strategist” is in your title, you won’t want to miss this conference – beef up your industry knowledge, meet some of the best in the biz, and bring back learnings to improve your brand’s content strategy.
The Business Case for Personalization
It’s no secret consumers love receiving personalized messages from their favorite brands, but what impact will this have on your ROI? New research shows that personalized interactions and recommendations lead to higher engagement and, ultimately, more sales. Get the details from Monetate.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? We’ve always known that personalization is important, but now we have the data to back it up.