How is Instagram changing the face of social eCommerce? How will the Twitter-Google partnership affect the future of search? The answer to these questions and more in this week’s newsletter.
New + noteworthy
- Social eCommerce: Instagram Breaks Through
- The Power of the Twitter-Google Partnership
- Conquering Content Marketing’s Evergreen Problem
- How Location-Based Geo-Targeting Impacts Paid Media
Social eCommerce: Instagram Breaks Through
Social eCommerce is a digital buzz word often met with mixed reviews, but recent developments on Instagram mark a serious breakthrough. What should you be looking out for? NHI Senior Account Manager, Bridget Mulheran, explains more on the agency blog.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? New tools such as LiketoKnow.it integrate Instagram with email to facilitate a personalized eCommerce shopping experience.
The Power of the Twitter-Google Partnership
Twitter and Google are expected to announce their much anticipated partnership sometime in the next few days. How does this affect the future of search? Check out the New York Times blog for more.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? This partnership could make it possible for Google to easily include tweets in its search results pages.
Conquering Content Marketing’s Evergreen Problem
Evergreen content is a go-to choice for content producers who are strapped on time and resources. Unfortunately, this content can quickly become repetitive and dull, so what else can you try? Check out Digiday for fresh content marketing ideas.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Create timely, compelling content that will work well within today’s 24/7 news cycle.
How Location-Based Geo-Targeting Impacts Paid Media
As a result of the popularity of mobile local search, we know that using location-based data to target your paid ads will improve performance. How much boost will you receive? What are some pitfalls you should be aware of? Check out Search Engine Land for more.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Geo-targeted ads are incredibly effective at generating secondary actions (calls, directions, requests for more information), especially for specific verticals like healthcare and professional services.