Which social network is predicted to have its biggest year yet? How do millennials want their doctors? The answers to these questions and more in this week’s newsletter.
New & Noteworthy:
- Is 2015 the Year of Pinterest?
- It’s Time: AdWords Spring Cleaning
- Multi-Product Facebook Ads
- How do Millennials Want Their Doctors?
Is 2015 the Year of Pinterest?
For the Chinese zodiac, 2015 is the year of the sheep, but for the marketing world it may very well be the Year of the Pin. New estimates say that Pinterest, which seamlessly blends aspects of search engine and social medium, will reach up to 471 million users this year, making it a prime channel for advertising. Get the scoop from eMarketer.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Pinterest users willingly share their preferred products and aspirations, making them more receptive to advertising.
It’s Time: AdWords Spring Cleaning
With spring just around the corner, Google’s here to help tidy up your AdWords account. In March, ads that haven’t earned any impressions and have been removed will be erased. Get the details from Search Engine Land.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Don’t panic! Google’s ad sweep will only impact your lowest performing ads and those you have already chosen to remove.
Multi-Product Facebook Ads
Looking to enhance your paid social testing strategy? Facebook now allows marketers to feature up to 10 different images and links per bid – users need only to click an arrow to see past the 2 desktop default ads. Learn more about this new tool from Jon Loomer’s blog.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Typically, if your targeted audience is presented with several options, they are more likely to click on one of them. Voila! More traffic is driven to your website.
How do Millennials Want Their Doctors?
Fire up your Fitbit and make way for mobile medicine! It’s no surprise that millennials want to take their healthcare digital, and research shows that the tech-savvy generation may make in-person checkups a thing of the past. Learn about the implications from eMarketer.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Health care sites must improve their mobile experience to offer appointment bookings and online billing options.