Hoping to run successful paid media campaigns on Black Friday? Curious about Apple Maps’ new localization tool? Check out this week’s newsletter for the answers to these questions and more.
New + Noteworthy
- How to Boost Your Black Friday Paid Media Campaigns
- Apple Maps’ New Localization Tool
- The Future of Mobile Search Behavior
- Instagram Adds Auto-Play Videos
How to Boost Your Black Friday Paid Media Campaigns
Looking to promote a Black Friday deal this year? So are your competitors. Check out the agency blog for some important tips on running the most successful Black Friday campaigns.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? The most effective Black Friday campaigns start before the big day to reach existing customers, reach consumers shopping in stores, and are optimized with your competition in mind.
Apple Maps New Localization Tool
This week Apple rolled out Apple Maps Connect, its newest localization tool that allows small businesses to add their information directly into the mapping system. Read more about this update from Search Engine Land.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? This self-service portal facilitates real-time updates in attempt to simplify the local process.
The Future of Mobile Search Behavior
In 2014, it is estimated that 40.7% of the US population will conduct at least one search a month on a mobile phone, and by 2015 mobile performance will dominate all key search metrics (including paid clicks and organic traffic). Check out a recent eMarketer article for more on the future of mobile search.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Determining the ROI of mobile campaigns is still a challenge, however with key performance metrics as high as eMarketer reports, it is critically important to incorporate mobile into your SEM strategy.
Instagram Adds Auto-Play Videos
Similar to Facebook’s recent video update, Instagram has now added auto-play videos to its feed. For more on how effectively leverage this capability for your brand, check out Adweek.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Instagram will apply the same strict standards it has for photos to auto-play videos to ensure all content is relevant and not repurposed.