Happy Thanksgiving from Nina Hale, Inc.! Here are a few last minute SEO updates to keep you satisfied over the holidays. Enjoy your holiday weekend – see you on Cyber Monday!
New & Noteworthy
- Optimizing Your Content for Thanksgiving: Safety First!
- “Mobile-Friendly” Search Results
- Facebook’s New Places Directory
- Need Last Minute Help for Turkey Fixings?
Optimizing Your Content for Thanksgiving: Safety First!
Turkey fryer safety never gets old, so we’re bringing back one of our most classic blog posts in preparation for this Thanksgiving. The head of our safety committee (and of our Analytics & Measurement team), Luke Schlegel, digs into some top Thanksgiving searches to help you make sure your dinner goes off without a hitch.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? We’ve got your back this Thanksgiving – here’s to a safe and delicious fried turkey dinner!
“Mobile-Friendly” Search Results
To help searchers find the information they are looking for on a mobile device, Google is adding a “mobile-friendly” label to its mobile search results. For more on how to utilize this (and an example of what it will look like!), check out the Google Webmaster Blog.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? To be eligible for the new “mobile-friendly” label, your page must meet Google’s qualifications.
Facebook’s New Places Directory
Facebook recently launched a new Places directory, an up-and-coming local search website. For more on key differentiators and how to use it, check out Search Engine Land.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Facebook Places is currently framed as ‘guided browsing’ as it makes it possible to scan through a variety of locally-relevant attractions and restaurants.
Need Last Minute Help for Your Turkey Fixings?
Chef Amy Thielen, host of Heartland Table on the Food Network, answered cooking questions on her Facebook page this Tuesday. To read Amy’s advice on all things Thanksgiving, click here. Lynne Rossetto Kasper, host of The Splendid Table on NPR, will be holding the annual Turkey Confidential on Thanksgiving morning from 11 am – 1 pm EST. Learn more about how to get the experts’ help with your turkey here.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? While we care deeply about your stuffing, we can’t exactly optimize it! So here are some experts who can help.