What kind of data should you be looking at to gauge content performance? What device best facilitates content sharing? The answers to these questions and more in this week’s newsletter.
New + noteworthy
- Using Data to Make Your Content Strategy Great
- Mobile Devices Spur Content Sharing
- Landing Page Copywriting: Common Mistakes to Avoid
- The Perfect Localization Audit
Using Data to make your content strategy great
To be successful with your content marketing, you must have a firm grasp on the metrics in your content ecosystem – but what metrics are actually important and how can you use them to improve your content? Deborah Carver, Nina Hale, Inc.’s content marketing expert, talks you through using data to make a winning content strategy on the agency blog.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? To dig into your content data, start with organic search performance metrics, monthly keyword search volume, and your top landing pages.
Mobile Devices Spur Content Sharing
When a major event occurs and a topic begins trending, a whopping 72% of total content sharing comes from mobile devices. For more on the relationship between mobile and content sharing, check out eMarketer.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Mobile devices are the perfect vehicle for sharing timely news, and with 71% of major event content shares, Facebook is the most dominant platform for this discussion.
Landing Page Copywriting: common Mistakes to Avoid
Struggling with high bounce rates on your landing pages? There is a good chance this is related to ambiguous page copy that confuses your visitors enough to drive them away. Check out a recent article from Unbounce for details on how to improve your landing page experience.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Not giving your visitors enough information, sending mixed messages, and misalignment in content across channels are some of the most common issues you should work to avoid.
The Perfect Localization Audit
It is critical for local businesses to understand what their local SEO profile looks like, but performing a comprehensive audit can be a daunting task. For instructions on how you can gain insights into your businesses’ SEO status, check out The Moz Blog.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? With continual updates being made to the search algorithm, it is critical you understand if, why, and where your listings have been affected.