Wondering how Google Panda 4.1 will affect you? Want to learn more about Facebook’s new ad network, Atlas? Check out this week’s newsletter to learn more!
New & Noteworthy
- Google Panda 4.1: Will it Affect Your Search Rankings?
- Facebook’s New Ad Network
- Google Places + Call Tracking
- Google Brand Lift: Improve Display Measurement
Google Panda 4.1: Will it Affect Your Search Rankings?
Over the past week, Google released another iteration of its Panda update that will affect 3-5% of all U.S. search queries. Will your website be affected? Our Google aficionados explain exactly what’s happening and what to look out for on our agency blog.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Google’s algorithm is continually perfecting its ability to understand how humans search, and accordingly will reward websites that provide valuable, relevant content to users.
Facebook’s New Ad Network
This week Facebook launched Atlas, its groundbreaking new advertising platform that will track consumers across devices. For more on Atlas, check out a recent Wired article.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Atlas relies on Facebook data across the network and its other platforms (i.e. Instagram) that is essentially device agnostic – a huge improvement from Google’s cookie that only sees an individuals on a single device.
Google Places + Call Tracking
Google is currently testing depicting call data in Google Places, specifically in the My Business dashboard. For more from Google (and the first screenshot of call data in the dashboard!), check out Blumenthals.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? While there has yet to be an official Google announcement, the connection between Google Places and call tracking will significantly improve local insights and reporting capabilities.
Google Brand Lift: Improve Display Measurement
Brand Lift, one of Google AdWords’ latest tools, will significantly improve your ability to measure the effectiveness and impact of your display and video campaigns. For more on what Brand Lift is and how to use it, check out Think with Google.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Through the use of survey data collected from your target audience, Brand Lift is able to provide insight into true brand awareness, ad recall, and brand interest.