What do CEOs need to know about SEO? Google Tag Manager is getting a facelift in January 2015, what are the things you should be most excited about? Answers to these questions and more in this week’s newsletter.
New & Noteworthy
- What CEOs Need to Know About SEO
- Google Tag Manager: New and Improved in 2015
- Pinterest’s Impact on eCommerce
- Google Releases Penguin 3.0
- Nina on MPR’s Friday Roundtable
What CEOs Need to Know About SEO
Because of the complex nature of search marketing, CEOs must shift their SEO mindset and take a least 5 key features into consideration. Check out a recent Search Engine Journal article for the specifics.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? SEO is not a simple solution to a problem – it’s a complex strategy that requires ongoing effort, tireless optimization, and dedicated resources
Google Tag Manager: New and Improved in 2015
In January 2015, Google Tag Manager (GTM) will be rolling out a fancy new interface and some exciting updates in functionality. Curious about what’s in store? Our analytics experts give a glimpse of what you can look forward to on the agency blog.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Notable 2015 GTM upgrades include changes to the process of tagging setup and improved interface clarity.
Pinterest’s Impact on eCommerce
It is clear that there is a substantial, positive relationship between Pinterest and eCommerce, but how exactly does Pinterest behavior translate to sales? A new GetElastic infographic sheds light into the most telling usage statistics.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Not only has Pinterest grown substantially in popularity (unique visitors are up 2,702.2% from 2011!), but referrals from Pinterest spend an average of 70% more money than referrals from other sites.
Google Releases Penguin 3.0
To further intensify its fight against spam, Google confirms the release of its long-awaited Penguin 3.0 algorithm update. For more details and highlights of the release, check out Search Engine Land.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Websites found to be in violation of Google’s linking guidelines will be hit with Penguin’s harshest penalties.
Nina on MPR’s Friday Roundtable
Did you catch Nina on MPR’s Friday Roundtable discussion this morning? If not, we’ve got you covered! Check out a recording of Nina talking all things search marketing and measurement from MPR News and the Daily Circuit.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Learn more about how audience data is collected and used, and just how effective advertising on Pandora is.