Still trying to measure the ROI of social media? Confused on what a dataLayer actually is? Answers to these questions and more in this week’s newsletter.
NEW & NOTEWORTHY
- Still Trying to Measure the ROI of Social Media?
- What is a dataLayer?
- The Impact of Rich Pins
- How to Dominate Local Search with Multiple Locations
Still Trying to Measure the ROI of Social Media?
In 2015, 89.0% of U.S. companies are projected to use social media for marketing purposes, yet as many as 52% report struggling to prove ROI. A recent eMarketer article provides suggestions for how to gauge your social ROI.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Instead of focusing on external metrics, consider looking internal measures of success, such as the value of certain consumer behaviors.
What is a dataLayer?
dataLayers help facilitate the ability to effectively track user behavior on your website, and as such are one of the most common analytics recommendations we give to clients. Check out a recent ClickZ article to learn more about what dataLayers are and how to use them.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? With the help of a tag management system, dataLayers make it possible to insert a single piece of code to track any desired action on your website.
The Impact of Rich Pins
Adding Rich Pins to your Pinterest efforts allows you to include critical purchasing information (prices, descriptions, availability) to support your visual content. For more on Rich Pins, check out GetElastic.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Pins that feature prices alongside the image have been found to generate around 40% more likes than those without.
How to Dominate Local Search with Multiple Locations
Does your business have multiple locations? This can make successful local search challenging, but definitely not impossible. Check out Search Engine Land for tips on creating a solid local strategy.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Creating unique landing pages for each location and cleaning up your existing citations are two tactics that will have serious impact on your local success.