Why should search engine marketing remain an important part of your marketing mix? How does Google’s latest update make a cross-channel content strategy more important than ever? The answers to these questions and more in this week’s newsletter.
New & Noteworthy
- Google’s New Consumer Journey Tool
- Google Knowledge Graph + Social Profiles
- 2015 Marketing Technology Landscape
- Why Search is a Critical part of Your Marketing Strategy
Google’s New Consumer Journey Tool
How do all of your digital marketing efforts impact your consumer journey? Think with Google’s most updated mapping tool allows you to plug in your company specifics to see how your marketing channels impact the purchase decision.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? All of your digital efforts influence consumers at some point in their journey, but it might surprise you to see exactly when each channel is most effective.
Google Knowledge Graph + Social Profiles
Finally! The Google Knowledge Graph now includes links to the social profiles of brands, making it easier than ever for customers to have a cross-channel experience. For more on this update, check out Search Engine Land.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? This underscores the importance of not only being present on the appropriate social networks, but creating an effective cross-channel content strategy.
2015 Marketing Technology Landscape
The most notable difference between this and last year’s marketing technology landscape? The number of vendors has nearly doubled. Check out ChiefMartec to see what else has changed in the last year.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? The quantity and quality of marketing technology has increased drastically, and can now capture, track, and nurture the entirety of the customer experience.
Why Search is a Critical Part of Your Marketing Strategy
Why should search marketing – including paid media, SEO, and social media – remain a critical part of your digital mix? Because it is aimed specifically at an audience ready and willing to make a purchase, or at another crucial part of their purchase journey. Check out Relevance for more on why you should continue to support search engine marketing.
- WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU? Users only find your paid ads and ranked organic content because they specifically searched for products or services you provide.