Welcome to part 4 of SEM Awareness Month! Today we want to warn you (not really) about retargeting – an effective tool to get potential shoppers (or leads or site visitors) back to your website for a second, third, fourth look and eventually convert.
There are all kinds of fantastic retargeting strategies to effectively increase leads. A few of my favorites:
- Build brand awareness
- Place retargeting code on all relevant site pages
- Anyone who visits those pages gets cookied
- Your ads follow those users around the web, encouraging them to come back to your site
- Guide potential leads down a sales funnel
- Make a remarketing list of people who have taken an action – downloaded a white paper, for example
- Anyone who took that action gets cookied
- Your ads follow those users around the web, encouraging them to take the next step and contact you
- Get past purchasers back on your site to purchase more
- Make a remarketing list of purchasers, and set a 30 day membership duration
- Create a second remarketing list of purchasers using the same tag, with a 90 day duration
- Create a custom combination that includes all people in the 90 day window, and none of the people in the 30 day window
- Voila, one month after purchase, your customers will see your ads inviting them back to your site
Neat, huh? Now get to retargeting!