At Nina Hale Inc, many of our clients use social media ads, particularly Facebook, to reach their target audience and connect with social media users. The reporting currently available through Facebook leaves a lot to be desired. We’ve searched high and low for opportunities to improve reporting for our clients and provide more actionable data to help increase this engagement in this channel.
Now for our Omniture clients there is good news!
In May 2009, Omniture announced an exciting partnership with Facebook. Just last week they announced that they are expanding on that partnership with Facebook (and apps) to include analytics capabilities. The SearchCenter Plus product, available to SiteCatalyst customers, will initially focus on automating the media buying process and access to analytics that measure consumer engagement on Facebook. The idea is to make it even easier for clients to purchase ad space as well as compare metrics alongside their other media channels with a tool they are familiar with using.
Some of the key features of the partnership will give clients the ability to:
- Gain deeper insights into user behavior throughout Facebook apps—Improve the overall user experience and conversion
- Understand how apps “go viral” amongst Facebook users
- Segment users by number of friends and categorize these segments by social activity performed to better understand adoption rate
- Correlate Facebook reports and key events with other online channel reports such as Web, mobile, video, etc.
- Tools to understand how these channels are impacting conversion
- Measure 100% of Facebook apps including: FBML, iFrame and Flash-based apps
While we know not all of our clients are using Omniture now, we see this as a great step forward and hope that Google Analytics follows suit.
Google, are you listening?