Nina Hale, Inc. recently brought on Deborah Carver, our new Content Marketing Manager. Deborah comes to us with a background in writing and publishing. We are so excited to have her (and her amazing writing skills) as a part of the NHI team!
1) What is your educational background?
I received my undergraduate degree in English from New York University, and my Master’s in Mass Communication from the University of Minnesota.
2) What led you to Search Marketing?
I have always been interested in digital communications; I’ve even been making websites since I was a teenager. After working in publishing for almost 10 years, I realized I wanted to focus on digital strategy. I became very interested in how the content marketing portion integrates with search marketing.
3) What’s your favorite part about NHI thus far?
I really enjoy the upbeat culture. Everyone here is really smart, focused, and positive, which makes it a great atmosphere to work in.
4) What are some of your hobbies/what do you do in your free time?
In addition to content marketing, I write a lot! Mostly fiction and essays. I also love to watch movies, and cooking is another big hobby of mine.
5) What’s your favorite aspect of living in MN? And your least?
My favorite aspect of living in Minnesota is that there is always something new to do, especially on the weekends. I really admire the arts culture here as well. I also don’t mind the weather! As far as my least favorite aspect, that would definitely be that I’m far from my family, who are all located in Delaware where I grew up.
4) Do you have a favorite local restaurant? What is it?
I love Butcher & The Boar! Everything I ate there was absolutely delicious, and their whiskey flights aren’t too bad either!
5) What is your favorite band?
Pulp is my number one. Any British pop bands from the 90’s are the best!
6) What is your favorite movie?
Party Girl starring Parker Posey! A great movie from the 90’s.
7) What special qualities are you bringing to NHI?
Aside from being a writer, I’m super solutions-oriented. I love figuring out the puzzle of how to make content better, which often comes down to strong writing.
8) If you could have a drink with someone from history, who would it be?
M.F.K. Fisher– she seems like she would be an excellent conversationalist, and she would enjoy the drink as much as I would!
9) Anything else you would like to share?
I’m really excited to be here! It’s a cool crew and I’m looking forward to working with you all.