Yesterday, Google announced that we will now be able to manage upgraded sitelinks in the newest version of Adwords Editor. Search nerds rejoiced in our office (and presumably elsewhere as well) at this update that we have been awaiting since enhanced campaigns rolled out.
With this new upgrade, we will finally be able to bulk import ad group level sitelinks and choose our device preferences via editor.
Here are all of the capabilities available with the update:
- View upgraded sitelinks on the new Extensions > Sitelinks (upgraded) tab.
- Add, edit, or remove upgraded sitelinks at the campaign or ad group level.
- Copy and paste upgraded sitelinks between campaigns or ad groups.
- Include upgraded sitelinks in imports and exports.
- Change a sitelink’s platform targeting (all devices, desktop and tablet devices only, or mobile devices only), or the device preference for an individual sitelink (all or mobile).
- Schedule start and end dates for your sitelink to run, or set it to run on specific days of the week and/or times of day.
- Disable upgraded sitelinks at the ad group level.
Don’t forget that September 23rd is the deadline to upgrade your legacy ad extensions! Upgraded sitelinks need to be 25 characters or less otherwise they will not show.