Content is king. Content is the new black. Content, content, content. Anyone with an ear attuned to the SEO world knows that SEO experts are obsessed with content and for good reason! With Google’s algorithm changes, creating new useful, relevant content is increasingly the best way to improve rankings and create a connection with consumers. But while it is easy to tout the importance of regularly released content, actually creating it can be a whole other kettle of fish.
I recently attended the Content Marketing World (CMW) conference with my coworker Leslie Gibson (check out her post on the Importance of Print in an online world). Here are the best-of-CMW content generation ideas:
1) Aggregate information.
– You don’t have to always be the one coming up with original content day-in and day-out. Create a weekly blog post that collects all the industry news into one easy-to-read post.
2) Create lists.
– Top 10 lists are an easy and interesting way to provide your consumers with valuable information.
3) Reference Industry Thought Leaders.
– Consider referencing an article or post written by an acknowledged expert in your field, then adding your opinion. This takes away the stress of writing a post from scratch and can give consumers something to discuss. Just be sure to give credit where credit is due!
– “How To” posts directly help your customer and set you up as a resource for future questions.
Most importantly, in all the content you create:
5) Listen to your customers.
– Talk to the people on the front line, to customer service, ask your consumers directly through social media platforms. See what customers are asking and what they want; then give it to them.
Content creation, from blogging to social media activity, is going to continue to grow in importance in the effort to rank well and engage consumers. With a little creativity and an attentive eye on consumer feedback, you can master your content marketing strategy.