Earth Day is upon us and coming up quick, April 22, 2013 to be exact, so what better time to share some searches about our beloved planet? Earth Day is an occasion to be particularly aware of how we care for our planet, and is a time to show and practice appreciation for this ball of rock, gas, and minerals that we, and other living organisms, call home. Our terra (or earth) searches deal with all varieties of questions, events, and ways to help our earth from pollution and other contributors to climate change. So save energy, pick up some trash, plant a garden, and try celebrating a day for our earth. Enjoy the most eco-friendly searches we have to offer:
- earth day tee shirts
– A must to show off some Earth Day pride and why not make it fun!?
- what is earth day
– Of course many may not know; but earth day is an annual day on which events are held worldwide to demonstrate support for environmental protection.
- what day is earth day on
– Earth day is always on April, 22. April 22nd is significant because it did not fall during exams or spring breaks. More so, it did not conflict with religious holidays.
– Love it! Start respecting the earth at a young age.
- free earth day activities
– Also a great search because best of all, most events are free and local! Most events include 5k fun runs, park clean-ups, events at science museums and local government offices, as well as music concerts.
- earth day pledges
– This is always great because there really is not ONE pledge you can find. An Earth Day pledge is almost like a New Year’s resolution…so you can make it up and just stick to it!
- earth day word searches
– This I always question, because I don’t agree with doing word searches for kids in a classroom during Earth Day, rather, GET OUTSIDE and contribute to the cause!
– Most eco-friendly way to spread the word without the use of paper!
- why was earth day created
– Credited to Gaylord Nelson, a U.S. Senator from Wisconsin. Observing the effects of the 1969 Santa Barbara oil spill, and encouraged by the student anti-war movement, he called for an environmental teach-in, later called “Earth Day.” More than one billion people and many national governments in almost 200 countries participate.
- how can I prevent global warming
– Love the ambition, but I would have searched “how can WE prevent global warming.” It will need to be a collective effort.
Thanks for joining us for 2013′s Earth Day searches from Nina Hale, Inc. Have a fun, safe, and eco-friendly Earth Day!