The United States Automobile Association (USAA) is a Fortune 500 company that offers banking, investing, and insurance to people and families who serve, or have served, in the United States military.
When it came to their digital marketing efforts, USAA has an extremely sophisticated approach to individual channel management and optimization. Their challenge? Understanding the cross-channel impact of their digital initiatives. USAA was unsure how to identify which mix of media channels had the largest impact on performance. For this reason, Nina Hale was tapped to both conceptualize a measurement approach and provide technical analytics support to close this gap.
- The first step was to develop a custom measurement strategy and Google Analytics 360 implementation plan that would (1) isolate the metrics needed to facilitate this analysis and (2) effectively capture this data within the platform.
- To bring this to fruition, the team addressed the needs of individual lines of business, USAA’s existing analytics platform, and the other components of its marketing technology stack.
- We then supported USAA through the technical implementation of this plan, partnering closely with their internal marketing team to ensure that data was properly collected and that attribution could be calculated.
- Provided accessibility to data that tied marketing efforts to specific steps in a consumer’s path to purchase in real-time (data that was not available prior to the implementation)
- Completed detailed cross-channel analysis that laid the groundwork for custom attribution models
- Built a strategic and technical roadmap on how to capture credit for calls generated by marketing initiatives
Photo Source: Unsplash