Since 1987, Dunn Brothers Coffee (Dunn Brothers) has offered its customers exceptional coffees while also rewarding coffee farmers, protecting the environment, and improving local communities. With over 85 locations, Dunn Brothers provides a unique coffee experience in each store, as most locations are operated by individual franchisees.
While Dunn Brothers offers a very unique experience, it competes against other coffee shops that appear on every corner. To remain competitive and stay top of mind in a highly competitive space, Dunn Brothers knew refreshing its digital presence was a necessity. Dunn Brothers called on Nina Hale to help with its social media efforts – both paid and organic.
We knew the first place to start was to audit Dunn Brothers’ existing social channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Specifically, we:
- Identified each channel’s performance highlights, content/audience patterns, future opportunities, and the potential impact of those opportunities
- Completed a competitive analysis to identify industry-wide gaps and opportunities, consumer’s expectations around content and experience, competitors’ community management practices, and creative trends
What did we find?
- Each Dunn Brothers location has a unique competitive set, which indicated the need for a market-specific approach (especially for paid social)
- The existing customer identity skewed older, so there was an untapped opportunity with the millennial audience and a host of emerging social content features that could be tested
- Mass coffee shops have more locations and can satisfy “here and now” demand, while independent shops tout similar product offerings. For Dunn Brothers, this meant focusing on the “difference factor” in messaging was key
We developed a comprehensive social content strategy that included recommendations for both paid and organic social executions. The overarching strategy centered on growing the Dunn Brothers brand and driving in-store traffic by generating awareness with new prospects, creating meaningful engagement with customers, and providing a quality experience across all digital channels.
For each of Dunn Brothers’ social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube), we detailed individual goals, purpose, primary audiences, and key measurement metrics. We also created a social measurement strategy, an editorial calendar framework, and a paid social media plan that brought it all to life.
Photo Source: Unsplash