Room & Board’s furniture-buying experience online has become an increasingly important part of its business. But, as online competition continued to grow with the addition of competitors ranging from niche shops to large online retailers, Room & Board’s online growth was flat. It was time to revamp its paid search and Google shopping approach.
Working with partner Nina Hale, Room & Board discovered its presence in search results did not accurately reflect their products. Nina Hale specifically identified opportunities to restructure Google Shopping: hindered by technical issues, as well as a campaign structure that limited the ability to invest more in top performing products, the existing campaign was overfunding low performers and underfunding top performers.
Nina Hale completed a substantial overhaul, optimizing against granular information to capture more sales volume.
Our results were so impressive even Google took notice.
Nina Hale was named the 2017 North American Winner for our Google Shopping Innovation.
When compared to the previous year, the Shopping campaign resulted in:
- _438% increase in campaign revenue
- _270% increase in return on ad spend
- _ 865% increase in converted clicks
- _ 113% increase in conversion rate
- _ 60% decrease in cost per click
- _ 81% decrease in cost per acquisition
- _ 340% increase in impressions
- _ 352% increase in overall clicks
- _ 169% increase in share of voice