On October 4, 2019, Nina Hale hosted over 250 clients, prospects, and fellow marketers at The Walker Art Center for Highlights + Insights: The Evolving Search Landscape. The event focused on search, the rise of assistance, and who’s winning in search and why.
We were pleased to welcome Google as our partner and keynote speaker for the event. Several leaders from Nina Hale also shared their expertise on the evolving search ecosystem.
Google: The Future of Google Search In The Age of Assistance
First to the stage was our co-host Google. The focus? Consumers. Today they are more curious, demanding, and impatient than ever. Enter the age of assistance: a world in which customers expect brands to leverage technology that proactively and effortlessly solves their needs. So, how can brands meet those expectations online? Google had a few things to say about evolving best practices and details on what this shift means for the future of search.
3 Essential Best Practices For The Evolving Age of Assistance
- Be There: Connect with the right people during key moments of intent
- Be Valuable: Create valuable experiences wherever customers are
- Be Quick: Automatically act on intent customers are constantly looking for new ways to enhance their lives
Nina Hale: Where And How The Search Ecosystem Is Evolving
Next to the stage were Heather Murphy (Vice President of Performance Content + Social Media), Lauren Beerling (Associate Director of Performance Media – Paid Search), Nate Endres (Senior Search Marketing Manager), and Spencer Jahnke (Senior Paid Media Manager) – all representing Nina Hale.
From voice search to Pinterest, the “where’s” and “how’s” of search have drastically changed. And as search platforms have evolved, so has user behavior – for instance, in June 2019 a majority of Google searches ended without a click for the first time. With clickless searches continuing to grow (and the data says they will), the way marketers approach measurement and attribution of search must adjust.
Key Takeaways to Consider About The Evolving Search Ecosystem
- Understand the topics and questions your audiences have along their journey
- Determine where your audiences are searching and optimize content across the ecosystem to guide them throughout their journey
- Identify your search competition and the content types needed to win in the landscape
- Maximize opportunity and quality by determining how paid and organic search work together
- Identify how your channels are impacting each other and your business objectives
Looking Ahead To Next Year’s Events
2019 was filled with stellar events, exceptional co-hosts, and a plethora of digital trends to dig our teeth into. As 2020 approaches, we are excited to continue to sharpening our expertise and bringing valued content to our community.
Interested in having Nina Hale present to your team? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how.
Want to learn about future events? Please email email@example.com for more information on upcoming 2020 events.