PPC: Invisible Hearing Aid
Starkey Laboratories – Invisible Hearing Aid
Starkey Laboratories is one of the largest manufacturers of hearing aids in the world. In September 2010, Starkey launched a revolutionary product – the first invisible hearing aid that’s removed by the wearer every evening. Starkey employed a national advertising campaign that integrated TV, direct mail, and internet marketing.
- Fierce competition
- Differentiation in a very crowded market
- Small website (5 page microsite planned for 6-week lifespan)
- Getting qualified leads.
- Paid placement advertising, based on cost-per-click, designed to attract highly qualified searches on Google, MSN, Yahoo and other search engines
- SEO for the microsite, including unique titles and descriptions for each page, allowing the microsite to be found in natural search and generate leads beyond the planned 6-week run
- Facebook advertising to specific demographic targets
- Contextual advertising on multiple websites
- Interest-based advertising to people who displayed certain online behaviors
- Precise measurement of leads via forms and phone calls, allowing for ongoing optimization of internet campaigns.
- Cost per lead at 43% of the CPL for TV and 15% of the CPL for direct mail
- 6 week extension of the program
- Expansion to Canada with excellent cost per lead results
- #1 natural rankings for the primary keyword phrase (invisible hearing aid).